Thursday, November 30, 2006

A taste of Wii



Sorry, I couldn't resist the Wii gag... I'm sure that I'm not the only one...

Well, anyhows, me and the Rumster went down to the National Exposition centre in Chiba last weekend for Nintendo's 'Experience Wii' weekend. And, I must say, we had lots of fun. Lots.
It was good to see that, compared to the Tokyo Game Show, it was well lit, and the crowd was much more diverse (less geeks, more families).
Is this the start of genuine family gaming? That's clearly the aim of Wii Sports, and I challenge anyone to play Wii golf and not have fun. Even the serious salaryman above is smiling(almost)! Me, I can't wait to play Trauma Centre (a surgery simulator).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Surgery simulator?! That sounds incredible. Is it the kind of thing that may be used to train budding young doctors? Or is it highly camp Sims-based fun?

I think a combination of both would work well. It would be like M*A*S*H.

Jaaa mata!

Terence Trent D'Arby

Btw, Nyago, record some more songs please.